Revealing a little skin is always sexy, especially during hot summer days. To this end, cropped tops are having a great popularity among both celebrities and fashion enthusiasts. A crop top is a short blouse or t-shirt which exposes some of the abdomen. Actually, a a summer trend crop top isn't just about showing off your stomach but rather being mixed and matched with other pieces for a feminine, elegant outfit that quite often reveals a bit more than a peep of a toned midriff. You can wear a crop top as a sportswears or daywear, but also pull off more sophisticated and refined looks with this piece of fabric.
Although crop tops look chic on models and celebrities with flawless silhouettes they may lose their charm if sported in an appropriate way so, how to wear crop tops without being criticized at all? First of all you should pay attention to where you are planning to wear this piece: if you are getting ready for a day at the beach or a party that will certainly look amazing. However, avoid wearing this quite daring item at office or during a serious business meeting. The second rule is the fit: if your top fits you well you will look stylish in it. For the most fabulous summer look be sure to read through this useful crop top tips.
HOW TO CHOOSE CROP TOPS
The most important step in looking chic while wearing a crop top is to choose it right, so before you fall in love with the colour, print and design of a crop top and hurry up to buy it, pay attention to the following factors:
- Length: Crop tops are available in various lengths so you can go for the longer or shorter tops depending on what style fits you the best. Keep in mind that you can wear a short crop top if you have a really perfect stomach without any additional fat.
- Neck: In order not to create the impression that you are walking completely naked pay attention to the neck of your top. The shorter the top is the more modest the neck should be.
- Hemline: The hemlines of crop tops can be even more asymmetric. Try on a few styles to see in which you look the best.
- Style: There're various styles of crop tops such as sleeveless fitted tops, tight long-sleeved crop tops and loose, boxy crop tops with either short or long sleeves. So pay attention to your personal style, to the clothes you are going to wear the crop top with, as well as the occasion while picking a crop top.
- Material: Before buying a crop top evaluate its material. Tighter fitting styles, both long and short-sleeved, should be made of a fabric that has some stretch in it. More revealing styles should be made of thicker fabrics. For looser, boxier styles, thinner fabrics are better. Lace can also do for such types of crop tops.
- Bottoms: It matters a lot what you are paring the crop top with. You can wear it with low-rise pants for a sexier look, or with high-waist shorts, skirts or pants for a more balanced look. Remember the golden fashion rule: the shorter the top the longer the bottoms should be in order not to look overexposed and trashy. Also keep in mind that tighter fitting crop tops look great with pants, shorts or skirts with more volume. These crop tops also look amazing with bottoms that sit higher on the waist. Looser crop tops can be teamed up with tight, body-hugging pencil skirts, pants and shorts.
HOW TO WEAR CROP TOPS
Once you have chosen the best style for you it's important to learn how to wear it the proper way. You should keep a few important things.
Smarten it up: a crop top looks ultra chic and elegant when paired with a pencil skirt. During cool days you can also wear a vest or a lightweight blazer and match your top with tailored shorts. With the help of a blazer or a summer shirt you can easily make a transition from day to evening look.
Dress up: there're many great crop top styles available decorated with studs, beads, jewels and lovely prints. You can wear this style with a full skirt or a pair of classic pants.
Hint at it: a crop top doesn't have to expose too much of skin to look stylish. You can choose such a top and bottom combination that just hints that the top is cropped by showing off a little part of midriff. It creates a playful now-you-see-it and now-you-don't-see-it look.
Wear it casually: a casual crop top that isn't on a bustier or bra top can be mixed and matched with maxi skirts and skinny jeans for a lovely summer day outfit. You can try a bit flowy style or one with an asymmetric hemline, as well as play up with various prints and colours.
The vintage crop top: vintage crop tops / boob tubes don't necessarily mean some conservative style. Instead, they are youthful and interesting and look amazing against relaxed cuts and high-waisted skirts. Actually this style doesn't show off your entire stomach and looks great for a daywear.
The evening crop top: featuring a high dose of casual flair, crop tops or tubes tops aren't usually translated into an evening wear. However, there are more complex styles featuring delicate lace or sheer details, studs and other embellishments, which look just breathtaking in combination with a clutch, high heels, an elegant skirt or pants. This evening look is sure to make heads turn.
The sporty crop top: if for a daywear and eveningwear crop tops may seen to be not so common, for sportswear they certainly are. The sporty crop top isn't so revealing. This almost-not-a-crop-top style easily can be transferred into a casual day look when paired with some relaxed pants and flats.
The crop top as a secondary statement: the crop top may be a statement trend for the summer, however, this isn't the only gorgeous trend you are dealing with while nailing it down. Actuyally there're so many amazing ways to shifting the attentions from the exposed midriff to elsewhere. Play up layering and accessorizing for the best results. For instance, you may be wearing a sexy knit top, which leaves you half bare, but if teamed up with a statement leather jacket, you make one hardly notice your crop. Other than that, you can go for prints. Whether it's a skirt or shorts, make the bottom of your look scream prints.
And the final and most important tip for wearing crop tops is to inject a high amount of confidence into your crop-top look.
|Crop top, newlook.com. Skirt, Topshop. Sunglasses, Mango. Necklace, Asos. Handbag, Aldo. Sneakers, Zara.|
|Crop top, Topshop. Skirt, Mango. Shoes, earrings & clutch, Selfridges. Necklace, Dorothy Perkings, Cuff, Mango.|
Pictures: Zara, Getty, FGR