Gorgeous weather and the coming beach and pool season will temp us to travel a little bit more and enjoy the sun, the sand and a drink overlooking the ocean with that special someone, or maybe just a city break with your girlfriends. In any of the case, packing is always a nightmare, at least for me! You can never take too much. It doesn't matter if it’s just for a weekend or for a week, we need to pack it all!
Well, now is not going to be a problem anymore if you follow these fashion tips.
- Packing basics: simple clothes are so versatile that you can mix them and upgrade your outfit using accessories. It doesn't mean you cannot pack 1 or 2 pieces with a pattern, but don't overdo it. Patterned clothes are more difficult to combine.
- While packing, think about what outfit you're going to wear every day and if possible, take a picture so when you arrive at your destination you won't have to spend hours thinking about what to wear.
- Put a pair of comfortable shoes in your suitcase that you could wear for sightseeing and a pair of heels for rocking the night. If your destination is the beach or a place with a pool, don't forget a pair of sandals or flip flops (I'm not a big fan of flip flops, sandals are more chic).
- Don't forget your handbag. A shopper bag could be the perfect one to use for the beach and for your sightseeing. A little clutch could be used at night.
- Jewellery is always a must and nice pieces will work to upgrade your outfit. Avoid big pieces during the day.
- Even if you are traveling to a warm place, you shouldn't forget to pack a light jacket. A denim one could be perfect!
- Colour: one colour story. Solids, patterns within the same color story.
- Fabric: durable, quick dry.
- Cut: good fit, classic styles that match with everything.
- Style: appropriate in various settings: beach, villages, cities, temples, etc.
- Travel bag: carryon size weekender bag.
Have a look at the examples I've found. There are several options. Ah, and don't forget your sunblock cream and a big desire to have fun!